Elementary Phonogram SeriesSKU#500
This series builds on the exercises begun in the Early Childhood series. It contains 59 color-coded phonogram booklets with over 260 objects, dictation and advanced charts for spelling, phonogram stories for creative writing and recording booklet.
The ES&I Elementary Series overlaps and builds on a combination of writing & reading exercises begun in the Early Childhood Series. It contains over 260 realistic objects for encoding with the advanced moveable alphabet and 59 color-coded phonograms for decoding. The combination of writing & reading exercises leads naturally to a study of spelling, which includes 59 dictation charts and 15 advanced dictation charts. The phonogram short stories are a concrete example of creative writing and provide a model as the children illustrate the stories with 1 or more pages, thus creating their first "books". They are encouraged to use the objects, booklets and 3 part cards to find words to create their own stories.
1) Selected Sight Words -Nouns: no isolation of sounds, multiple difficulties
16 Objects and Corresponding Labels
20 Three-Part Cards
2) Isolation of a Single Phonogram: three sets of 3-part cards - “sh, ai, ea”
3) Isolation of a Single Phonogram for Writing: : 260+ Objects for encoding with the Advanced Moveable Alphabets. This activity is very attractive to the children, especially valuable for variations and extensions sited in the Resource Book. item #700.
Isolation of a Single Phonogram for Reading: 59 Phonogram Booklets (phonogram is printed in red, rest of the letters are printed in green)
5 Long Vowel Families: 4 Soft “C” & “G” Families:
a family: (green) ai, ay, a_e, eigh ce / ci family - (pastel blue)
e family: (orange) ea, ee, ey, y ge / gi family
i family: (yellow) ie,i_e, igh, y dge family
o family: (pink) oa, oe, ow, o_e, o ice family
u family: (gray) u_e
6 Phonogram Families: 5 Silent Letter Families:
oo (moon) family:(dk blue) oo, ew, ue b, k, p, t, w - (lavender)
er family: (turquoise) er, ir, ur
ow (cow) family: (purple) ow, ou
aw family: (lime) aw, au, al, all, augh, ough
oi family: (brown) oi, oy
air family: (violet) air, ear (bear)
14 Non-Family Phonograms: (red) sh, ch, th, wh, qu, ar, or, oo (wood), ph, ck, ng, le, tion, ea (head)
4) 59 Dictation Charts- spelling lists emphasizing a single isolated phonogram (one list for each of the 59 phonogram booklets, #3)
5) 15 Advanced Dictation Charts - spelling lists which combine phonograms, ie, the "long a" includes ai, ay, a_e, eigh (see families included above in #3)
6) Phonogram Short Stories: 28 phonogram stories with a single difficulty that are not illustrated so child may show comprehension with their very own illustrations; includes all the long vowels, er, ir, ur, sh, ch, th, wh, qu, ar, or (#413)
Please contact us directly for a custom quote for package pricing.